When I write bigger paper I like to
pre-write and space out my writing so I'm not writing it all on the night
before it is due. I feel that when I take my time to write I am able to compose
a better paper. When I write a better paper my strengths are highlighted more.
As a writer I feel that my strengths are I plan out my writing extensively and
use all my resources possible to make my paper the best that it can be. My
weaknesses as a writer are that I have trouble with punctuation and structuring
my sentences. Although my understanding of these aspects helps me to realize my
mistakes when I make them. Writing may not be my strongest aspect, but I enjoy
writing and know that becoming a better writer will help me in the long
run.
I am glad to see that we will be writing a
variety of different papers in this class. It will help make me a better writer
and show me what type of writing I do best. I noticed on the syllabus that we
will be reading a story in this class; will it be a book or 4or 5 page story? I
enjoyed reading most of the novels last year and liked writing papers over
them. Writing a paper over them helped me understand the novel even more. In
this class I am most worried about not having good sentence structure and
punctuation when I write, but the more practice I get the stronger my
weaknesses will be.
Glad to hear honors was a helpful tool for your writing ability.
ReplyDeleteThe story that we'll be reading will probably be a short story. When we get to 102, I'm going to bust out a novel. I'm not sure what yet, though.
10/10